Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Feast Nearby!

I am presently reading a great book on buying local.



Our community is not oriented towards farmers markets or buying local.  Sadly, the downtown area is barely still standing. So many abandoned structures that have succumbed to fires.

Coming from the city, I certainly feel that I'm in "the country", but many in this area wouldn't think so. For one thing, I cannot have chickens, even as pets. There are no tall buildings around me. Two story homes here and there is all ... There are farming fields up the road ... but people say that we're not in the country. I guess it's all relative. lol 

It's good to get lost in a great book. It gets ideas flowing ... my next house, I'll make sure I'm in farming country and not just the "country". LOL

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!